|Job Title: Vocational Family and Consumer Science or Ag Food Science Teacher|
|District / School: Moses Lake School District/Moses Lake High School|
|Brief Description: Culinary Arts Teacher|
|Contact: Greg Kittrell CTE Director MLHS 509-766-2666 firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Website Link to Posting: https://moseslakeschools.tedk12.com/hire/ViewJob.aspx?JobID=12|
Teach Vocational Family and Consumer Science or Ag Food Science in grades 9-12 with a focus on culinary arts.
1. Teacher for beginning level culinary and baking classes.
2. Ability to work with high school students on a one-on-one basis.
3. Coordinate learning experiences with other staff members and curriculum areas.
4. Ability to work with staff and participate in shared decision making process.
5. Fiscal management of Family and Consumer Science budget.
6. Participation in building activities and in-service.
7. Participation in advisory committee.
8. Commitment to student leadership activities (FCCLA).
9. Work as a liaison with local agencies to provide a variety of services for youth.
10. Follow proper sanitation, safety and temperature control procedures in accordance with health department standards.
11. Responsible for maintaining a safe work environment and reporting all problems to appropriate department in a timely manner.
12. Maintain a positive classroom environment conducive to participation and learning.
13. Plan and schedule so that foods are ready at the correct time.
14. Examine foods for quality and freshness.
15. Maintain accurate food inventories and rotate stock items.
16. Other duties as assigned
- Content updates by food experts
- Visits to government and industry facilities
- Presentations by government and industry leaders
- Hands-on practice with new curriculum materials
- Exchange of teaching/learning strategies
- Bacteria, including Foodborne Pathogens
- Pasteurization technology
- The Science of Cooking a Hamburger
- DNA Fingerprinting
- Outbreak Investigations
- Curriculum and content updates
- Idea exchange between participants
- Planning for participant-presented workshops, i.e., Train-the-Trainer Program
National Training Coordinator
FDA Food Safety and Nutrition Education Programs
Kick Start – 2015-16 School Year
Help other kick start their school year with your innovative ideas! Program Development is organizing a Round table at 2015 WA-CTE Summer conference August 12, 2015.
We need your kick…idea!! Could be- how do you handle cell phones in your classroom, ideas for classroom set up, 10 minutes left?!?!—What do I do?, Paper tracking ideas,Never fail sub plans that work, Mini lessons on higher thinking skill, Tracking TPEP? Games!
Welcome to the WA-FACSE Website!
Sharing the Passing of a Beloved Friend by Jaime Woodard
It is with great sadness and fond memories that I am sharing the sad news that of a wonderful person, friend and former FACSE member and leader, Lucy Calhoun passed away on February 12, 2015 in Kelso, WA. She was an energetic, caring and positive role model for many, including me. I taught at R.A.Long and Lucy was at Kelso. She said “I’ll be secretary if you are the area chair for our region” and so we did that. Lucy was like that…she was a tireless worker and encourager. She retired after more than 40 years of teaching in 1991, but continued to dedicate her life to many charities. Her obituary is in the Longview Daily News (tdn.com/obits). A memorial celebration is planned for 11 a.m. Feb. 28, 2015 at the Kelso First United Methodist Church.
The mission of Family and Consumer Sciences Educators (FACSE) section of WA-ACTE is to provide leadership and services to the members through advocacy, education, networking and recognition. Members are valued as professionals facing the challenges of empowering individuals and families in a diverse global society.
Check out our updated WA-FACSE website. Based on feedback from the WA-FACSE membership, our web masters decided to re-format our website. To find you way around, the black navigation bar provides links to each page. The homepage also includes the search box feature.Our website contains many links to lesson plans and teaching materials. Many of these items are stored in Google Drive. To access them, be sure to be logged into Google as a user. If you don’t currently have a Gmail account, sign up for one to access these materials.Additionally, several teachers have shared links to their teacher website. Here you will find lesson plans, activities, power points, and great ideas to improve your teaching. If you would like to make your teacher website available or have lessons to share with the WA-FACSE membership, please feel free to contact us.
Dawn Boyden ~ email@example.com