Taste Washington Day is a celebration of your Farm to School efforts! October is National Farm to School Month. So it’s a great time to highlight all of your farm to school activities.
How can your school district participate?
First, sign your district up online. Then, serve a breakfast or lunch with local ingredients on October 2 (or an alternate day in October). Celebrate with some Farm to School activities, such as:
- Market your Washington grown ingredients by displaying posters or special salad bar signs (See WA Dairy Council, Smarter Lunchrooms, WSDA Farm to School Toolkit, and Team Nutrition websites)
- Do a Washington Apple Crunch
- Invite Farmers to the cafeteria
- Do a local foods taste test
- Partner with teachers or school gardeners to teach a lesson on nutrition and agriculture
We want to see your Taste Washington Day and Farm to School Month pictures and stories! Use #OSPIChildNutrition, #TasteWADay and #WAFarmtoSchool on your social media posts or email us so we can see all the great things you do!