Attend this year’s Jump$tart Financial Education Conference & Workshop on August 6 in Spokane (Pre-WA-ACTE) for “clock hours.”
The JumpStart Washington Coalition for Personal Financial Literacy is pleased to announce our Annual Educator Conference & Workshop preceding the WA-ACTE Summer Career and Technical Education Conference in Spokane at the Davenport Grand Hotel on Saturday, August 6 from 12-4 PM with a beer/wine social to follow.
Legislation was passed last year to incorporate financial education into existing state learning standards, and those standards are being set and aligned with curriculum. This event will bring you up to date and walk you through two national curricula you can take back to use in your classrooms! Our guest presenters will discuss:
· What the status is of curricula alignment with state standards, and what that could mean for teachers.
· The Money Smart For Young People curriculum from the FDIC and various applications of the curriculum for teachers, students , parents and children
· How the NEFE High School Financial Planning Program (HSFPP) can help you bring a strong core curriculum to your high school and empower your students.
· Learn how BizKid$ can help engage your students at our social networking hour!
· Jamie Hammond, Producer, Biz Kids – Where kids teach kids about money and business, an educational television show that teaches financial education and entrepreneurship to a preteen audience.
· Pam Walley, Director and Professor, Center for Economic & Financial Education at Western Washington University and Chair of Financial Education Public-Private Partnership (FEPPP) Education Committee
· Linda Preston, Community Affairs Specialist, Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation
· Susan Sharkey, Director, High School Financial Planning Program (HSFPP) at the National Endowment for Financial Education (NEFE)
If you have questions, please contact Jump$tart Washington Coalition Vice President Lyn Peters at email@example.com or 360-902-8731.